8 Reasons to Move to Fort Myers, Florida
Fort Myers has 62,000 individuals who call paradise their home. Why do you ask? Here’s why:
1. Beaches. Yes, BEACHES. Some of the United States’ top rated beaches are within reasonable driving distance of Fort Myers. My personal favorites: Sanibel Island and Naples.
2. Money. Your bank account may seem a little happier since the cost of living in Fort Myers is about 5% below the national average, according to Sterling’s Best Places. There is no state income tax, so if you’re from a State like New York, you may feel a few dimes richer. Homes sell for less too! Another reason to call 239-677-9450 TODAY!
3. Sports. The Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins have their spring training facilities in Fort Myers, and The Yankees’ facility isn’t too far in Tampa, Florida (they had to move it at least a couple hours drive from the Red Sox).
4. Up and Coming. Since the new millennium, Fort Myers’ population has grown twice the rate as the national average. Spring breakers deciding to settle, perhaps? Downtown is completely revamped and beautiful for those who love great food, bars, and shopping (who doesn’t)?
5. Winter Sports. Sorry, you thought you could use the excuse for winter sports to stay up North, but the Florida Everblades calls Fort Myers and Germain Arena, home.
6. Shopping. Edison Mall, Miromar Outlets, and Coconut Point. Enough said.
7. Outdoors Activities. Besides beaches, Florida has so much to offer with activities such as: fishing, kayaking, jet boat tours, sunset cruises, and more!
8. Growing Professional Community. No matter what your age, a growing professional community will bring education, economics, new businesses, and the sense to do better to SWFL.
Want to stay up to date, informed, and entertained with real estate news, tips, and tricks? Follow this blog!